Tuesday, January 10, 2012

You have tape. Well, I have scissors!!

Today is the second day that public schools are in session here.  Spencer is still home.  I left a message on Friday, the 6th with the special ed department even though they were closed.  I then called back at 10:30 yesterday morning and left another message.  I didn't really think that they would have his placement, but I wanted to talk to a human being.  I needed to know that they received the IEP and psychological evaluation (from Georgia) that I faxed to them on December 21 (the day before they closed for the holiday period).  I was starting to panic.  Where do I turn?  You're right if you answered: Facebook.

My husband often makes fun of my social networking, but it has become an incredibly useful tool for me. I wouldn't have found Brain Balance if not for Facebook.  I wouldn't have gotten help in Georgia, had I not turned to my FB friends.  And they came through for me again yesterday.  After posting about the trouble I was having, a friend (who I haven't seen or talked to in almost 20 years) gets me a name and a contact number. (Many thanks, Robin J.!!)  I talked to a person!! She not only had Spencer's most recent IEP form Georgia, she apprised me of the current situation.  So, I feel better.  My district school does not have space for him in the first grade autistic class (teacher to student ratio is limited to 1:2). So, a teacher needs to be assigned to the school, or he needs to attend another school in the vicinity.  I really hate red tape.

On another note, I got an invoice from the apartment in Georgia.  They are refunding me my deposit.  Say what?  I was expecting to have to pay.  Spencer grab a slat of the blind and pull it toward him to look outside.  Since they were cheap metal blinds, they bent when he did this.  ALL of my blinds were horribly bent due to him doing this.  I'm not complaining, but they are not charging me for them.  They charged me when I moved from one apartment to another because he bent one set before we could switch blinds.  I'll take it.  

That's it.  Laundry is calling.  Will blog again soon.  I'm trying to do better this year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment