Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Nothing is wrong

I know I need to do better with blogging, but I am still so tired. Got my results from the doctor and everything is fine. My exhaustion is due primarily to chronic sleep problems. It should straighten itself out in the next couple of weeks. So, I had the opposite problem last night, where I was up for pretty much the whole night. I'll try to make this post as coherent as possible...
Thursday of last week, I received a call to pick Spencer up from school because he is vomiting. He seemed fine that morning! Poor baby. I allowed him to watch a movie since all he wanted to do was lay around. Friday morning came and I could not wake him up for school. That is so unlike him. Usually, when I go to wake him, I am met with giggles and smiles. He wouldn't budge. I figured he was still not feeling great, so I let him stay home from school. We didn't do much this weekend because I still wasn't sure what got him sick. By Monday he was ready for school. (and so was I!). Tuesday was his school picture day and sensory motor testing at Brain Balance. I'm hoping his picture came out okay! He did have a rough start at Brain Balance, but then he started complying. At one point, he told Amanda "I wan". And she was asking him "what do you want". He then pointed to some bubble paper behind a desk. That became his reinforcer. Do an activity, pop some bubbles! I was very pleased that he seemed to do well.
Now for the fun part. When we got home from Brain Balance, I needed to label a few items. I get out my black Sharpie marker and proceed to do my labeling. I then left the marker on the counter. Big mistake! Spence found the marker and proceeded to give himself some facial hair.



Yikes! But the story does not end there. Oh no. While I am on the phone with my husband, in the time it takes me to forward an email, Spencer climbed onto the kitchen counter and got down the rest of my markers (which were on top of the cabinet) pulled out a purple marker and colored his chest and part of his legs. Oh boy, the fun never ends!!
We are leaving for New Orleans after cognitive testing at Brain Balance tomorrow. I have so much to do before then. Cooking, cleaning, packing... Guess I'll stop blogging and get started. First, I have to wake the boy for school. Happy Wednesday everyone!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment