Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oh, Boy!!

If you are reading this, then you are aware that Spencer and I will be relocating to the Atlanta area in late December.  To say that I am brave is inaccurate.  I am only doing what anyone else in my situation would do: make sure you get the best treatment (and try all available treatments) that work for your child.  To be honest, I am scared shitless.

Okay, so I've informed my parents,  friends, and Spencer's therapists.  Have not yet informed the school bus driver nor the school, but I am wading into this slowly.  Still so much to do before we leave and more to do to make sure he is ready for his new school on January 3.

Imagine my surprise when Spencer's therapist calls today and leaves a message that she would like to discuss my decision with her.  Um, sweetie, the only discussion that matters is the one between my husband and myself.  While you are allowed your opinion, which you will no doubt share with me, your view will be taken with a grain of salt, since you will be losing the Martin money tree.

Still haven't heard from the home-based therapist, but she wasn't going to be around for the long haul.  She complained about ending sessions at 5:30 (she was getting stuck in rush hour traffic) and was not open about staying to 6.  Oh well.  I need to maximize as much family time as we can cram in the next month and a half.

I am new at this blogging thing, but it just might be the release I need without broadcasting every moment of my life on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are brave. And a very loving mother. Please stay strong!

    ReplyDelete