Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wanna get there fast? Ride with Spence

I padded extra time into our route, thinking that with gas breaks, potty breaks and food breaks, it might take us about 8 hours and I wanted to get here before it got dark.

I was allowed gas breaks only.  Spencer refused to get out of the car at the various rest stops, food places, etc. for mommy to use the facilities.  When I opened his door, he would promptly try to close it on me.  Hysterics and crying would follow.  Begging didn't help.  (Please baby, mommy needs to use the potty, NOW)  I couldn't leave him in the car.  Like traveling with the Potty Nazi- No potty for you!!

No restroom breaks, means no food breaks.  We made it here in less than 7hours.

Got some rest last night, which will serve me well for the day ahead.  We have our first "testing" at 1pm.  I can't remember if it is the sensory motor or the cognitive assessment.  Surprise!  Of course, I'll keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment