Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The power of music

     We went to Spencer's doctor last week and he upped the dosage of Spencer's ADHD meds and his night medicine (to help him sleep).  We have been having a hard time getting the kid to go to sleep even after taking his medicine because he is fighting it tooth and nail.  After fussing with him for over an hour, I decided to try something. I played one of his music cds (that I had previously put on my ipod).  IMMEDIATELY, the child cozied up on a pillow and calmed down.  Whoa.

     I guess he gets his love of music from me.  I have recently discovered that I am the only wingnut who seems to need a personal anthem.  Sometimes it is just a song I really like, or one that speaks to me.  Right now, it is "Courage" by Orianthi.  Here are the first few lines:

    Take all my vicious words and turn them into something good.
    Take all my preconceptions and let the truth be understood.
    Take all my prize possessions, leave only what I need.
    Take all my pieces of doubt and let me be what's underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment