Thursday, December 16, 2010

The good, the bad, the game plan

I am so proud of the little man.  Day 1, I had to physically wrestle him out of the car to go into the center.  I had to stay for his evaluation because he was so upset.  Day 2, I prepared myself for the worst.  Boy, was I surprised when he willingly got out of the car, opened the door to the center, and walked in like he owned the place!  I was able to leave to get some provisions from Target (OMG- it has a Starbucks and a Pizza Hut Express inside) for the remainder of our stay.  I thought, okay this is good, but how is he going to react when we come back for the evaluation results.  Better than I thought.  Granted he was bored during our meeting and ended up with his head in my lap for the majority of the time.

It was such a refreshing change to hear, "He tested at this level because of the mora reflex.  We can help alleviate that by doing physical exercises."  Wait, bad news tempered with a game plan? Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment