Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Held captive in the land of Nood

It has been a long time since I last blogged, but I'll try to get you up to speed quickly.

We had a very nice Christmas, although I spent most of it packing for our adventure.  Of course, on the day we are to leave, the one person known as our earliest riser, was the most difficult to wake.  That's right, we could not wake Spencer!  Peyton got him up and dressed (Thanks!) and we were on our way.  Both kids rode with me so perhaps I could use the facilities when the time came.  I had packed both the Expedition and my car well, but there were other things I wished I could bring.  Not that I couldn't fit them. (I learned how to pack a car going to college away and from my brother.) I was too cold and too lazy to completely unpack and repack the car.

Our drive here was uneventful.  Peyton and Les unpacked both cars.  Boxes and suitcases were everywhere.  Out first priority was to make Spencer feel at home.  We made his bed, hung Toy Story pictures and brought in his toys.  I must say he really likes his room.

The first week was spent unpacking and organizing and making numerous trips to Target, Walmart and Bed, Bath & Beyond for 'necessities'.

Now to explain the title of this blog.  Spencer has sensory issues with clothes touching him (I think) He only dresses when leaving the house.  Otherwise he is running around in only a pullup.  When that gets wet, you guessed, he throws it off and runs around the house au naturelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment