Saturday, January 29, 2011

Waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Spencer has been adjusting really well to therapy, the new apartment, and the new school.  Almost too well.  I keep waiting for the melt-down, the 'I have had enough of this, get me back to my old life.'  I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I know Spencer and he generally doesn't adapt too well to such a change in his environment.

He did really well this first week of therapy an they are still in love with him at his school.   I am contemplating taking him off of his meds so we can get a better picture of his progress.  My ideal would be to have him not take any medication at all for ADHD.  We have an appointment with a new pediatrician on Tuesday to discuss this matter and get the little guy checked out.  I'm going to try to get Spencer outside today to play either at the playground here at the apartment or the big playground by the library.  Right now, I'm just waiting for the temperature to get a little warmer. (Still 30 degrees outside!)

I miss my other two guys, but I must admit it is easier to follow the program without having to deal with anyone besides Spencer.  Gotta go see what the little guy is up to, he's been quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment