Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New methods of child abuse

Here I am thinking I am going to be the best mommy in the whole world and we are going to enjoy the pretty day Saturday at the playground.  Spence gets dressed and in the car with no problem.  Once we get to the playground, it is another story.  He doesn't want to go. Period. I keep telling him its a playground and he can have fun, but he starts whimpering.  People are looking at me like I've just gotten finished beating the child.  I didn't think I was being cruel by bringing him outside to play.  We saw a little girl from his class at school and even that didn't cheer him up.  He was incredibly clingy.  He would hurry down the slide and run up to me and hold my hand.  Kind of like he was expecting me to bolt the minute he was out of sight.  And to make matters worse for the little guy, there were several dogs there.  Mind you, the dogs were on the other side of the fence from the playground and were tethered. It didn't matter.  Spence would go up to the fence and start whimpering.  He was obsessed with the dogs.  One nice gentleman actually moved his dog to the other side of the playground so Spence wouldn't be so upset by the dog.  I made him stay at the playground for about an hour (I think).  Then we went for a drive around Lake Kedron.  He seems to enjoy the pretty scenery around here.

We were supposed to have blood work done yesterday, but since mommy didn't catch the first urine of the day, I had to cancel.  The child thought I was nuts.  I was following him around with a plastic cup trying to get him to pee in it.  Then I wouldn't let him have anything to eat or drink.  He understood none  of this, just thinking that I was the meanest woman in the world.  After this ordeal, he got to go to school and wasn't late. I rescheduled his blood work for Thursday morning. Yet again, there will be no food or drink. BUT, I got the first urine of the day today.  Yippee! Now, I just hope I don't forget it on Thursday!

Today we ge to meet the new pediatrician.  I am thinking of taking Spencer off of his ADHD meds.  I just want to know if we can go cold turkey or need to step down the dosage.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment