Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's not you, it's US?

Nothing like reality to drag you down from a euphoric high.  Yesterday, I received Spencer's one month progress report from brain balance.  It was stellar!  He moved up a level in seven tasks. (a level is equal to an age) He is still below his biological age, but he progressed a whole year of development in just a month.  We don't expect this every month, but it does make it easier to handle the familial separation when you receive results like this.  Even on the tasks that he didn't move up a whole level, he showed progress.  That makes me one very happy lady.  Until today...

Around 11, I received a phone call from the apartment complex.  Seems my neighbors below me have lodged a complaint that Spencer wakes up too early in the morning and makes too much noise "crossing the apartment".  I asked if it was explained that he has autism, I can't make the kid stand still all morning.  Besides, the bus picks him up between 6:15-6:30; so he can't sleep that much later.  What makes this so incredible to me is that we are VERY close to an active rail line.  Trains pass by here all night long.  You can sleep through that, but not my 50 lb kid walking across the apartment? According to policy, I was supposed to receive news of the complaint by letter, but the leasing agent "didn't want to do that to me".  What do I do now?  Like I really needed that ripple.  Seems like they are just building their case to evict us.  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. That's really awful! I mean what are you supposed to do if you wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night . . . tip-toe? Good luck with that! I really admire what you are doing for your Son. You're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete