Monday, February 21, 2011

He's allergic to WHAT!!!?!

Friday I received the results of Spencer's recent blood test.  I was so overwhelmed that I left my laptop at Brain Balance and am just getting it back today.  Okay, here is a list of items that my son is 'off the chart' allergic to:
Casein (milk protein)
Milk (not the same as above)
Chicken
Wheat
Mustard
Malt
He is also severely allergic to soy, just not 'off the charts'.  He is moderately allergic to the following (we still need to avoid):
Eggs
Barley
Peanuts
Asparagus (like this one is going to be hard!!)

Needless to say, my head is still spinning.  No more prepackaged food, the mainstay of my life!  Everything is going to have to be made fresh.  And we will have to start shopping at Whole Foods.  There goes my shoe budget right out the window.  I still need to do tons of research, preferably when Spencer is not hanging all over me.  I will be making my first field trip to Whole Foods tomorrow (it is about an hour away)  There may be reports of a deranged woman cruising the aisles and muttering to herself, "what are we going to eat?"  Yeah, that would be me.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo enjoying reading your blog! I, too, moved to Peachtree for nine months from FL in 09/10.
    I remember hearing everything my son was allergic too and the room started to spin!

    ReplyDelete