Sunday, February 13, 2011

For my next trick...

I will single handedly pee out a forest fire.  With all that is being asked of me recently, I do not feel that this particular task is beyond the realm of the possible.

Yeah, well the honeymoon period is over for Spence at school.  He still likes it and his teacher, but he has started 'testing' her by small acts of misbehaving.  I guess he is trying to see how much he can get away with.  I am glad to hear from the teacher that she doesn't let him get away with any of his little tricks and he doesn't seem to hold it against her.  (He still kisses her goodbye when she puts him in the car.) And Brain Balance has stepped up a little bit, as well.  There are exercises we are supposed to do daily, but due to Spencer's non-compliant attitude, we have never been able to fully complete the task.  Also, he has supplements to take due to his nutrient-poor diet.  Seriously, where is that forest fire?  That has to be easier than trying to get Spence to 'shoot' his vitamin cocktail.  The stuff smells like mangy dog.  They suggest you mix with a strong juice such as pomegranate.  Uh-huh. Now it looks like dirt and smells like shit.  Come here baby and take your vitamins before Mommy wretches from the stench!!  He does take his amino acids well.  Thank goodness, because he has to take those twice a day.  We also have liquid b-12 (hold under tongue for 30 seconds- Haha) and fish oil (real oil folks- and you can bet he doesn't like the texture of that!) Oh, and there may be more to come once we get the results from his blood test back (this Friday.)

Spencer has gotten a fear of sleeping in his room by himself.  I am not exactly sure when it started, but now when he sees his bed all made up, he cries.  Not the fake whiny cry; we have real tears and almost hysteria.  As if I have just done the worst thing possible to this child. He then takes all of the linens off the bed and puts them on my bed.  Just what I wanted.  I have ended up sleeping in his bed when I can snag a blanket and a pillow off my bed.  This is not exactly as I planned it.

Friday, Spencer got bitten at school.  He cried which made the teacher (and his parents) very happy. Why?  Spencer does not feel pain like you and I.  It must be EXTREME for him to even acknowledge it.  So, when he got bit (the marks of which were gone by the time I picked him up), and cried, it showed progress.  He even wanted the teacher's sympathy and let her put ice on it.  Then he goes to Brain Balance and gets another star!  Unfortunately, he is ready to leave so I don't get to read it.  I think he mastered a few tasks at therapy and has moved on to more difficult things.  Awesome news.  Now if I could just get him to do his exercises...

No comments:

Post a Comment