Sunday, March 13, 2011

When it rains, it pours!

It just keeps getting better.  Monday, as my husband is awaiting the delivery of the refrigerator I had to buy for the new rental, the water gets turned on.  It begins to rain in the kitchen.  Seems there was a busted pipe between the first and second floors. When Sears arrived, the delivery men were kind enough to point out to my husband the 10 foot long stain on the ceiling (we didn't see it b/c we viewed the property on overcast days & it had no power).  Les calls me and tells me to cancel my move and get out of the lease.  I'll just snap my fingers and do that.  As I call the movers, the electric company, the cable company, etc., I let him handle the lease issue.  He gets me out of the lease, including fully refunding my rental payment and security deposit.  Then, he goes down to the leasing office at the apartment.  Somehow (miraculously) they will have a two bedroom first floor unit come available on April 8.  It is a more expensive unit, as it is closer to the pool, but they will let me move into it at the same rental I am paying now with no transfer fee.  Gee, why wasn't that offered to me when I went to talk to them just a week ago?

Peyton said that Monday was the weirdest day of his life, and I would have to agree.  Then we had to unpack all of the boxes around the apartment and let the school know that we would not be moving.  Crazy, but nothing out of the ordinary for our life!

We had some of the worst weather for the boys' visit.  It was rainy and overcast and cold.  We did partake in some Atlanta tourist attractions, sans Spencer.  And this morning as the boys were leaving, Spencer got extremely confused.  He wanted to get dressed b/c Daddy and Pey were getting dressed.  Then he saw their suitcases and wanted to bring all of his blankets in the car (like we do for vacations)  When the two of them left without him, he just broke down crying.  I could not console him.  In fact, I had to take him for a car ride to calm him down.  He went crazy every time he saw a large white SUV, almost like he thought it was his Daddy's.  I was actually happy for this reaction.  Spencer has NEVER cared if the two of them left, as long as I stayed with him.  To see him making that connection with his Daddy and brother was a good thing.  (And I keep repeating that to myself..)  It was a hard thing for me to witness, though.  He looked like his little heart was breaking, it was so upsetting. But, he is better now.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Gina! I'm so sorry!!! Thank goodness your boys were there to help you through!

    We went through the same thing with Vienna as we went through the program. At first it was no big deal when Jeff would leave - but then it kept getting worse and worse. So cool that she was starting to have that connection - but so heartbreaking too. We need more Brain Balances so we don't have to live away from HOME!!!
    Hope things calm down!!!
    XOXOX
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete