Thursday, December 15, 2011

Going back to nola, back to nola, back to nola.

Yep, LL Cool J would be proud of me.  I keep singing that line over and over in my head.  Well, here is the last blog post for a while.  I will moving home in the next couple of days, and then I will need to unpack all of this stuff.  And finish Christmas shopping.  And cooking for Christmas. And...

Okay, I need to breathe.  Here is the latest update on the Spencer man.  I think he has some idea that we are leaving, with all of the boxes around and everyone talking about it.  He was in the strangest mood on Wednesday.  On the way to school, he would break down crying for no apparent reason.  Then he would be fine, then he would cry again.  So bizarre! When I went to school for his Christmas party, he had the worst meltdown since the last time I showed up.   He broke down during his Brain Balance session and when he came out, his little eyes were bloodshot.  Poor baby!  

Today was the last day of school. When I entered to pick Spencer up, he was as calm as can be.  He gave all of his teachers kisses and hugs.  I'm still not sure if he understands that he is not going back there in January.  It has so hard for me these last few days saying goodbye to such wonderful people (both at school and Brain Balance) who have watched my son grow and change before their eyes.  It has been a remarkable experience and I will treasure forever the memories and the friends that I have made here.

Merry Christmas everyone!  Hope you get to spend some quality time with your family, I'm looking forward to spending time with mine!!

1 comment:

  1. And now I'm crying AGAIN!!! :( Going to miss my little man, but so happy you will all be back together :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete