Friday, December 2, 2011

Empty handed

I got nothing. In a way, that's a good thing.  Spence has been plugging along so well and with the upcoming holidays, our move back to New Orleans, trying to sell excess furniture, etc., I am at a loss.  As usual, I have only myself to blame for the long to do list that I have.  I cannot wait to be back in my house for Christmas.  Pey and I already decorated, so it will be mighty festive for our return.  

I know that in times like this, when I am crazy busy, the blog is the first thing to slip. I've been trying to get hubby or Pey to guest blog (hint, hint, guys!!) so a different perspective can be represented.  (Not to mention, I would get a little break!) 

Whenever I do a blog that encompasses a week or more, there are undoubtedly things I will miss.  So, here are some of the tidbits that I'd forgotten to include in my previous blog:

When I was packing up Sunday morning for our return to Georgia, I motioned to Spencer's play area, where he had strewn toys all over the place and said, "This is all gonna need to be packed up."  Next thing I know the kid is taking one toy at a time, dancing with it, making it fly, and then landing in the box.  He packed two boxes full.  Great, but we only came home with one box of toys.  So, Mommy had to do a little repacking to ensure that we didn't take too much back.

Just Wednesday at school, Spencer was swinging (they have a swing in the classroom that hangs from the ceiling).  He accidentally knocked over the teacher's bag.  He got off the swing, picked up her bag and then moved it closer to her desk so he wouldn't knock it again.  THIS IS HUGE!!  He was aware of his surroundings and realized that he had to move the bag or else he would hit it again.  

Spence has been super loving to his teachers at school.  I am pretty sure that he knows that his time with them is limited.  I know we all will have some adjustments to make, but I think we are all ready for us to be together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment