Monday, December 12, 2011

Loading up the guilt

As you may have noticed, there has not yet been a guest blog.  I have hinted, asked, cajoled and still no guest blog.  I could nag, but that is not my style.  I guess, in my husband's defense, it can be a little intimidating to write the first blog.  What do I write about?  How do I make it interesting?  What if no one 'gets' me?  I know, I've been there.  But the key is this- write it for yourself.  I don't care how many folks click on my link, just that WE have the record of our adventures.  I would love to be able to look back on this past year and get HIS perspective on how it has been to be the single parent of the almost teenager while I have been away with the younger one.  (Do you think I guilted him enough?)  And, honey, if you are still in need of a topic- this title should get you started: "My wife is totally awesome".  ;)

Back on topic.  This past Friday, Spencer received a TROPHY (paper cut out that sticks to the wall at BB) for his work.  AWESOME!  And just today, I got Spence's last report from this session.  And, yes, the usual adjectives apply: awesome, wonderful, great, fantastic.  The biggest jump was in gait.  He went from Pre Brain Balance level 5 (out of 6) to Brain Balance level 6 in FOUR WEEKS!!!!  We are really getting some cross communication happening and it is so exciting!  Spence is getting a bike for Christmas,  and I can't wait for us to be outside teaching him to ride!  Just like other people.  He is still saying 'okay' and 'cookie' and he will say 'toy' if you keep him from having it until he speaks.  Patience is the key.  He will wait you out and try to wear you down.  But, we are so anxious to hear the words that he won't be able to pull that stunt for long.

One story I forgot to relay about our week home for Thanksgiving was the roll incident.  My husband had bought these sandwich rolls for us. (regular- not gluten free)  Spencer was OBSESSED with these rolls.  He would drag them out of the pantry and we would substitute his rolls on his plate.  Well, he got a hold of them while no one was around.  Later, I was throwing some trash out and noticed the bag of rolls in the trash.  I pulled them out.  Then I saw one lonely roll with one bite taken out of it.  Since my husband had been working and Peyton had been outside with friends, the only suspects were Spencer and I.  I knew that I didn't do it, so I surmised that Spence had taken one bite of the roll and thrown it away.  Then the whole bag followed.  I'm glad that he wasn't happy with the regular gluten roll.  We dodged a bullet on that one!!  Guess I should go back to packing- moving day is fast approaching!!


No comments:

Post a Comment