Thursday, November 17, 2011

Scotty is out of a job


One of the traits of an autistic child is that they seem to operate in a world all their own.  There is even an accepted form of treatment that assumes that these children WILL NEVER GET BETTER and therefore we must reach them where they are, as opposed to bringing them into our world.  I’m happy to say that my child now resides in my world and HE IS NOT GOING BACK.  Some of you are saying, “if autism could be reversed, it would be all over the news.”  You would think.  The medical community is just now starting to embrace the concept of a functional disconnection in the brain.  (the premise upon which Brain Balance is based.)
When I went to pick up Spencer from school yesterday, his teacher came out 5 minutes early with her phone in her hand.  She said that I had to see what my son did in school.  Uh-oh.  No, it was not an uh-oh; it was an OMIGOSH!!  He saw the Cookie Monster character and said, “cookie”.  They printed out the picture and captured the following on video.


I realize that my blog is full of the words amazing, huge, wonderful, etc. These words don’t even begin to cut it. The truth is, Brain Balance does work and should be all over the news.  My son was functioning at a level of a one year old, in a six year old’s body.  He is now around a 4 year old.  IN LESS THAN A YEAR.  Was it easy? Absolutely not.  We split our family in half.  The program is intense, both at the facility and at home.  Not to mention the financial impact.  Would I do it again? IN A HEARTBEAT.  My little boy has such a sweet and loving personality that we may have never known about. 
I never did give anybody hell.  I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.
                                                                                                                        -Harry S. Truman

1 comment:

  1. Plus his AMAZING elementary school made a difference too!! Love him!!! Mrs. Kelly (forever his Peachtree City GF) ;-)

    ReplyDelete