Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Glamorous Life

Don't be too jealous by my life of glamour.  I was at Wal-Mart at 6:30 Friday morning to buy a plunger.  While I am beyond happy that Spencer is using the potty for all of its intended purposes, I am much chagrined that he thinks one must flush half the roll of toilet paper when one has concluded their business.  But, I am not complaining!!
Mommy realized late in the week that a presumed 'safe' food was anything but.  My mistake and poor Spencer's tummy paid the price.  I must say that once I removed it, voila, sweet baby boy came back.  Whew!  We have had an incredible visit with my parents.  Although we didn't rent a golf cart, the skies did not look like they would cooperate, we went to the park.  We had a small little picnic and then Spence played for a little while. He loved making us all sit down on the bench and he would periodically turn around to make sure that we stayed put.  I just melt when that child smiles at me!!
I was getting incredibly frustrated by cooking this weekend.  The pumpkin bread I made Friday was undercooked in the middle, the biscotti was overcooked.  Before I made the pizza Saturday night my Daddy went and got me an oven thermometer.  Ah, there lies the problem.  When the oven would beep that it was preheated, it was NOWHERE near the temperature it was supposed to be.  The pizza needed to cook at 425, but when the oven indicated that it was preheated, it was only 250.  Big Difference!  So, using the thermometer as my guide and not the oven, the pizza turned out great!

Spencer even ate some!  My banana ice cream also came out very well.  Okay, so it is only frozen bananas, but really you could mess it up. (I think?)
This cooking everything from scratch makes you crave kitchen appliances that will make it easier.  So far I've bought a waffle maker (once I discovered Spence loves waffles), toaster bags (to keep my gluten & non-gluten items from contaminating each other), a pancake express (cool little gizmo!), and a VitaMix blender.  Happy early Mother's Day to me!  It is now time for the mad gluten-free scientist to go to her laboratory.  You probably refer to yours as the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try your new cooking! Wish I could have been there to help you clean up. Miss you and love you. Les

    ReplyDelete