Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's coming back to me, now...

Aw geez, how could I forget!  This past weekend, Spencer just started breaking into the alphabet. Spontaneously! I thought it was something he was doing at school, but I found out yesterday that it wasn't. Granted you can't fully understand him, but once you figure it out, he is not that far off.  Also, he went through Sunday's Toys R Us circular and found a prefilled Cars easter basket and made a point to show me.  I figured that he wanted it.  Of course, his grandparents were at Toys R Us last night looking for a basket of cars.  Oy. Then I had to explain it was a basket of Cars themed items.  Gotta love 'em!  On the same page is an Elmo easter basket, which Spence has at home.  I asked him if he knew who that was and he replied, "Em-O".  Close enough for me!
I love the school pictures from his Georgia school!  Spence is smiling (on cue!) and looks present.  His previous school picture, taken a mere 6 months ago, shows a child who looks like he is not even there or aware of anything.  Anytime I get selfish about missing my life and my friends, I just look at those pictures.  That is why we are here, and the fact that he is progressing so well is just icing on the cake.  (neither of which we can eat :(  LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment