Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's been a while

Yikes, I kept meaning to post, but I didn't realize that so much time had past.  Quick update: I decided to go blonde, Spencer decided to revisit his nude exhibitionist impulses and we haven't been swimming since the pool reopened due to SOMEONE'S noncompliance at Brain Balance and at home.  (Like you'll even need more than one guess for that one!)
Okay, so there you go.  The quick and dirty update.  Yeah, right.  Like I would just let you off with a couple of sentences.  HaHa!
I'm not sure if Spencer is oblivious or if he just doesn't care what color my hair is (seems to be a Martin man family trait!) but when he left for school I was a brunette, when he came home, I was a blonde.  The only thing he noticed were that my bangs kept getting in my face.  It was adorable the way he would brush them to the side so he could see Mommy's eyes.
Let's look at the behavior.  His brain is changing.  This is a good thing.  However, his stubborn streak just extended itself to be a mile wide.  He so politely told one of the therapists "no" when she asked him to sit down to do his work.  That is good and bad.  Bad, because he didn't concede to authority and do his work. Good, because he is showing a little personality and expressing his wishes (with words, no less!) However, his noncompliance has gotten so out of control, that he has been losing privileges when he doesn't do his work.  Since his favorite activity is swimming, that is what he has been working toward.  Monday, he almost made it. But, with 10 minutes left to the end of the session, he decided that he was done. No swimming, no fun.  Can't reward the bad behavior, so we both are punished.
I have been trying to load some photos and videos but for some I reason I can't get it to work.  Maybe user error?

No comments:

Post a Comment