Thursday, June 30, 2011

Where does the time go?

Well, I couldn't locate a babysitter Tuesday, so Spence stayed with a friend and her sitter watched him.  It wasn't until later that I realized that I have NEVER done that.  He made himself at home and hung out with her children.  He didn't go to sleep; I'm wondering if he thought I was leaving him with them.   I can only guess.  We had a great time at dinner.  It was nice to be surrounded by people going through the same 'war'.  It's funny how people are quick to dismiss any ideas we have about what caused our child's autism.  It is human nature to speculate.  Not that it matters how.  All I know is that my child was not born with autism.  He had autism thrust upon him by whatever caused it.  So you look everywhere.  (and anywhere- including at yourself)  What should we have known?  And its funny.  Just today, I posted a seemingly innocent picture on Facebook.  All I said was that parents need to be informed.  BEFORE you get any immunizations, go to the CDC website and familiarize yourself with the ingredients and side effects.  Then decide for yourself whether you want your child vaccinated.  Knowledge is power and parents need to take back the power.  That's really all I'm saying on that topic.
On a lighter and much happier note, we are going to meet up with the other boys in Gatlinburg for a family vacation.  Hopefully, Mommy will get a chance to head to the spa (hint, hint, honey ;).
It is going to be very interesting to see the difference in Spencer's behavior on this trip.  I just love seeing the changes in him!
Still have a ton of laundry to do and a ton of cooking before heading out tomorrow.  Hope everyone has a safe and fun fourth of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment