Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Taking a vacation- from blogging

Okay, I have let a lot of time pass since my last blog.  Not that great things aren't happening every day, but my routine has been disrupted.  (Yeah, I probably could use Brain Balance myself.)  Anyway, my boys showed up early- Saturday instead of Sunday.  Spencer was SO happy to see them. We tried to go to the park on Sunday, but it was just too hot.  It has been a chore trying to get Spencer to go to sleep.  He is okay with sleeping in his room by himself, he just stays up til all hours.  And to top things off, he started ESY (extended school year) on Monday.  Thank goodness the bus doesn't pick him up until 8:15, but it has taken me over an hour to wake the child on both Monday and Tuesday.
Monday- Spencer had no problem catching the bus in a different place, with a different driver, a different aide, a different school, a different teacher.  Then he went to Brain Balance where he earned a trophy.  Stars are good, trophies (paper ones that the kids stick to the wall) are better.  He put the alphabet in order and spelled his name- out loud.  The 'r' was very clear.
Tuesday- After school, we took a family trip into Atlanta to visit the World of Coca-Cola and the aquarium.  Spence was not really into any part of the WOC- except the part where they showed commercials.  He liked the tasting room, but much to my surprise, he didn't try to drink all that much.  At  the aquarium, he loved the penguins.  Only if they kept their distance.  It was funny to see him back up when they came close tot he glass.  He would giggle and jump up and down. it was precious.  He was asleep by 9, which is a huge improvement over the past couple of days.
Today, he has school and Brain Balance, so we will probably go swimming this afternoon.  That is one advantage of having the apartment pool pretty much in my backyard.

Peyton got another Star Wars Lego set while in Disney. He brought it here for me to see.  Spencer was actually playing with it appropriately.  Then Peyton lamented that they didn't buy Spence any Legos while in Legoland.  So, off to Target on Sunday.  We picked out a couple of small Cars Lego sets.  Peyton put them together for Spencer.  It was cute watching Spencer reenacting some of the scenes from the movie.  Since he didn't have a Lego Mater, he used his regular one.  Peyton was such a big help around the apartment and with Spencer that I gave him $5 for helping out.  He asked me if we could go back to Target on Tuesday while Spencer was in school.  I asked what he wanted to buy.  He wanted to use the money he earned to buy Spencer the Lego Mater set (5.99 plus tax) Of course I fronted him the extra.  I was touched that he wanted to spend his money making his brother happy.  We must be doing something right!

And on that note, I'll leave you until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment