Tuesday, June 28, 2011

That's the way (uh-huh, uh-huh) I like it (uh-huh, uh-huh)

For all of you young-uns, that was a song from the 70's.  One of my favorites, much to my mother's dismay.  Yesterday, I had Spencer's 20 week progress report.  The goal of Pre-Brain Balance (the program that he is in) is to get him to Brain Balance levels.  We are sooo close in some things.  His fine motor is already at Brain Balance level 2. (awesome!!) Brain Balance works!  I wish everyone would be a little more open minded when it comes to our kids.  The research  is out there to support what we are doing.  Funny that people are so quick to use therapies that are 50 years old when it comes to neurological disorders, but there is not a person in the world who would want a surgeon to use a 50 year old technique when operating on them.  Think about it.
Anyway, little man got ANOTHER star yesterday from the cognitive room for following directions.  I'm noticing it at home as well.  It was so cute that he will put things away when I ask him to, or bring me items he has pulled out.  He has been babbling A LOT.  This is fantastic.  I feel that he will be talking before we are done here.  It seems to be right around the corner.  Wow!  It is so amazing to see the changes in him and the other Brain Balance children.  I've seen so much progress in my little boy.  And the best thing is, this is lasting progress!
Here are some photos from Disney.  For some reason, I was not able to upload them when I last tried.
This is the toy Spence HAD to have; the one he signed "Mommy, please" for.  Just what we needed, a bunch of little green men!

Spence sitting on his brother's lap at the Disney Junior stage show.  He loved it.  He danced, laughed and clapped!!

Now I have to see about securing a babysitter for tonight.  A bunch of Brain Balance moms are getting together for dinner to say goodbye to one who is leaving us.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment