Friday, July 15, 2011

It's all my mom's fault!

She put a curse on me when I was younger.  I know what you are thinking.  Being from New Orleans, it must be some strange voodoo curse.  Well, you are wrong.  Your mom probably put the same curse on you. The "I hope you have a child that is just like you someday."  Yeah, THANK YOU MOM!  Some days I'm not too sure I want a neurotypical child!  Spencer has been so sassy and he just loves to lock me out.  How can a child who doesn't talk be sassy?  When I fuss at him and he is not too happy with that, he will mumble under his breath.  I recognize that tone!  I'm pretty sure that when he does start talking, he will be spending a lot of time in time out for that mouth!!
Spencer's new thing is locking doors.  He locked me out on the balcony of the resort on vacation recently.  Really bad because A) Les & Pey were not there with us; B) Les & Pey did not have keys to get back in and C) He got way too much enjoyment looking at me through the sliding glass door.  When the boys arrived back, they started knocking on the door.  Spence finally opened the door and I had to admit that I had been outsmarted by a 6 year old. (A really smart 6 year old!)
Spence has taken a little time to get readjusted to our routine.  But, he is getting back into the swing of things.  Just in time for them to change.  We only have 4 more days of ESY (extended school year) and then about 2 weeks before school starts.  He got up at 5:30 this morning, which is the time he will probably have to get up for school, but today we have nowhere to be until noon. I was looking forward to sleeping until about 7.  I guess the joke's on me!
I finally put a passcode on my iPhone.  Finally, my battery life is back to where I don't need to recharge the phone in the middle of the day!
Hopefully, it won't rain terribly hard all day.  Maybe we'll even get to do something fun!!

1 comment:

  1. I get the sass too! We like to say Vien is swearing at us in Russian. (She was born in Siberia)...but the tone in any language is the same. I'm a little afraid of what I'll hear when she starts speaking English. :)
    XOXO
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete