Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday, Monday

My eye is down from a sharp pain to a dull ache.  I guess that is progress.  We play our own game of "Where's Waldo?" every morning as I try to get Spence ready for school.  However, this morning, he gave away his position.


So, I just had to tickle the toes!!  He woke up laughing and happy.  I can't help but laugh when he laughs.  Last week, a Facebook friend posted that it doesn't have to be Thanksgiving to be thankful and that he was counting his blessings.  Then another BB mom remarked after conversations on a plane, just how good she has it.  Then yesterday, they opened the Morganza spillway, saving New Orleans and Baton Rouge, but flooding other areas.  All I could think about was how insignificant my eye injury was to all of this.  I am truly blessed.  My son is not in any pain, his life expectancy is not affected, and he is loved and supported by many.  One of the unsung heroes of this journey would have to be my husband. He is busy single parenting an 11 year old and working to support what amounts to two households.  He also provides emotional support and doses of reality to his neurotic wife.  We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary in 2012, and I hope that we are able to take a trip without the children (I'd be happy with a weekend.) But, we have goals to meet before that time.

I'm done with the heavy stuff, for now.  Spencer has been wearing clothes more often.  This is a good thing!  He used to just get dressed if he was leaving the house.  Both yesterday and Saturday, he stayed dressed for a couple of hours at a time, usually disrobing when he had to use the potty and then not getting redressed.  He also picked out his clothes and I must say, Mr. GQ did a pretty good job.  We didn't bring his trampoline, but he is making do with the bed.  I love how innocent he looks.


I am grateful we found Brain Balance.  I just love to see the changes in him and the other children.  It is not easy, but nothing worth having ever is.  And it works.  I see my son's brain changing.  THIS is my little boy!!!

I have to add this to my blog.  I have been promising Spencer that I would make him pizza for dinner since Friday.  But, since everything has to made from scratch, I just couldn't do it until last night.  he was so happy!  At one point, he took my hand, and led me to the kitchen.  He then looked into the oven window, looked at me and signed "eat".  I told him it still had about 10 more minutes to cook.  He looked at me and I swear he said "eeeee".  Then he kissed me.  Mommy then felt bad that I couldn't just pull it out of the oven right then and there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment