Sunday, May 8, 2011

Remember Garanimals?

For those of you not old enough (or don't want to admit that you are old enough!) Garanimals were kids clothes tagged for the fashion inept.  Match the tags (purple dinosaur with purple dinosaur) and voila, you have an outfit that matches.  I bring this up because Mr. Spencer picked out his own clothes on Friday.  Well, they kinda sorta matched if you squinted and didn't look at him for too long. (Haha!)  I was proud of him for several reasons:
1. He brought me a shirt and a pair of pants.  He used to bring 2 shirts and then try to fashion one as a pair of pants.  Guess he was reluctant to admit he made a mistake.  (He is SOOO my child.)
2. This showed independence!  Woo hoo!  He is getting his own little personality and not just following mommy's commands like a little robot.

I got my mother's day present Friday that Spencer made in school.  He was obviously told to smile and he has the strangest little look on his face.  See below.



But still, cute as a button!

I have been remiss with some of my posts, so here are a few things I missed putting in my blogs.
Going back to the Brain Balance Anniversary Party of April 17: Spencer was in such a good mood after we left the party.  He was running, giggling, and turning around looking at me on our way from the car to the apartment.  As soon as I said, "Stop running, you are going to (BAM!) fall."  The BAM was him falling.  He fell on the edge of the sidewalk and busted his forehead, cheek, nose and chin.  And he cried.  I ran to him and cradled him in my lap.  He wanted to be held and consoled.  So our really good day ended up not so good.  Well, his crying meant that he now feels pain, which is a positive sign of improvement.  Also, his wanting compassion for his injuries is also a sign of improvement.  I hate to say those were good things, but I think you get my point.
Sent this pic home to Daddy.  Poor guy looks like he was in a fight.



When my parents came to visit on the 23rd of April, Spencer held an iphone training class for them:
(Please ignore the fact that my son is in his underwear.  It could be worse...)




I think I've caught up.  Maybe.  The sun was shining yesterday, so me and the little guy went to the pool area.  Since the water is not heated, it was COLD!  Here is Spencer hanging  out.



I had a nice Mother's Day.  It would have been better if I had all my boys with me, but I didn't send my broom so they had no quick transportation back and forth.  I hear Spencer is still up and at 'em.  He will be a super cranky muffin at 5:50, when I wake him up for school.  Where is his off button?

No comments:

Post a Comment